Snow Day.

What I love about the Paper Issues Design Team is that they encourage crafters to extract inspiration and ideas from each other.  There's always a layout to lift each week, and this time we're taking a close look at Kelly's FaLaLa page. I love the cut file she used, how she backed it up with pattern paper, and how she created space between her photo and the title.  This page drew me in and I wanted to create a mixed media version of it using American Crafts' "Sweater Weather".





The photo itself is of Gio at the mall; it's the closest he's every been to snow.  I have promised him that this year we will take a trip up north to visit family, but also play with real snow.  Hopefully I can make good on that offer.  You can see the enjoyment in his eyes as he threw up the faux flakes.  I loved this memory so much, that even though I scrapped it in my December Daily, I had to highlight it again on a layout.





I used two stencils and modeling paste to create the "snowy" background effect.  Used the negative snowflake piece from the "Stitching Snowflake" and "Lowercase Open Alpha" free cut files that are available in the Paper Issues Shop, and work great with the Silhouette and the Cricut!  I finished the page with some fussy cut pieces and stickers, from the same line.


I had a blast scrap lifting this page from Kelly Feldman.  Are you a member of the Paper Issues FB group?  Kelly creates a lot of the group threads, but what I love most are her live random crops.  She has such a grace when it comes to hosting live scrapping events.  Her layouts are always done in an hour or less, and she keeps a flow of conversation going throughout.  If you don't want to miss out, you should become a part of the group.  Each month the DT brings inspiration to the challenges posted, and each month they choose two winners!  The more you play along the more chances you have at winning!



As always, I've provided quick links to the blog, facebook group and shop below.  And remember that using the code "Damaris" at checkout of the paper issues show will save you 20% off of your entire purchase, and any purchase.  Also, you will quality for free US priority shipping if you spend more than $60 after the coupon is applied.

Have a great rest of your week!


LINKS
Paper Issues Shop
Paper Issues Blog
PI Family & Friends FB Group


-AtStudioD

No comments