Merry Christmas 2010.

Hi Friends,

I hope your Christmas holiday was superb!!
Me, I spent a quiet Christmas Eve with my mom & dad, (and her delicious Puerto Rican cooking - don't hate!); which works perfectly because we like to open our gifts at home on Christmas morning (like the rest of the world does), so we can eat a hearty Christmas breakfast and have the entire day to play with our new toys.

But on Gio's first Christmas, we opened our gifts the night before, because we were so excited to play with his toys with him, and to see his reaction to his new goodies.  He was only 3 months, but he did enjoy the beeps and honks and squeaks that came from them.  The photo I scrapped for today's layout was his first Christmas.  We dressed him like Santa and dressed Daizy like Rudolph (she was not too fond of that), and snapped some photos by the tree.


Fun Fact:  This layout was created at work on a half day / Friday / when I knew there would be no work to do right before the holiday break and when I would have 4 hours to kill.  It took just about an hour to do.  Luckily I keep a bottle of my favorite NUVO adhesive at work, so all I used were scissors and glue.  My coworker came over from time to time to watch the progression and was inspired to get some birthday collections to at least craft her daughters birthday pages each year.

I like the peek-a-book background paper and the faux embellishment banner.  Everything I used was from Crate Paper's newest collection called "Fa La La".  This line is so pretty and fun.  There's plenty of patterns and colors to play with.  My favorite are the gold glitter pieces and chipboard stickers.  There's even fun shaped ephemera and cardstock stickers.  I had fun with this page, especially because it brought me back to a time when I barely did any scrapping.  

I hope you all dig into your Christmas photo stash and pull out your favorites.  Let's showcase and document those fantastic holiday memories.  And don't forget to share those creations with us in the Paper Issues Facebook Group.  The challenges you enter this month, the more likely you will win a gift card to the shop. 

As always, I've provided quick links to the blog, facebook group and shop below.  And remember that using the code "Damaris" at checkout of the paper issues show will save you 20% off of your entire purchase, and any purchase.  Also, you will quality for free US priority shipping if you spend more than $60 after the coupon is applied.

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve, and I will catch you soon for more great inspiration and layouts. 
-AtStudioD

No comments