December Daily 2016


Whose ready for December!?  I sure am!

If you're one of those crazed December Daily or even Christmas fanatics you may enjoy what I'm sharing today.  It's all about documenting December.  I'm joining Becky on the Paper Issues Blog, to bring you Holly Jolly Holiday inspired fun & bright pages.

I started off last year's DD with an Echo Park binder polka dot pink spine, and added some mixed media elements to the border.  I wanted to create a "mantle" type effect on the cover.  I love how everything looks so snowy and Christmas'y.  My intro page was made with a fuse tool, pom poms, sequins and fun stuff.  I also added a photo of our Christmas card with Gio and Daizy under our pre-decorated tree.  The original photo showed him flipping the bird.  That one I scrapped and you'll see it later in the month. 






I then build my kit based on colors and my fav collections.  The main collection I worked with was "Snow And Cocoa" by Crate Paper, but I also used touches of Elle's Studio, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye and Pretty Little Studio.  The gold puffy numbers I used to mark my days are by DIY / American Crafts.  They're tiny and cute!  Since my handwriting isn't so pretty, I used my typewriter for all the journaling.  Had a little hiccup during one of my Instagram Live sessions, as the register would not move.  But everything worked out after I figured out one of the levers were adjusted wrong - but I digress... 






The process is shorter if you can keep track of the dates on the back of the photos you print and immediately add them to the pocket.  I was stuck at Day 3 for 11 months after the fact, and was finally able to print all the photos, date them and pack them in the clear sleeves.  It made the tedious-seeming process, less stressful and more fun.  I cranked up the AC and the Carols and went to town on the last 27 days in one weekend.










I'll be honest, I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the fact that I didn't have that many 3x4 or 4x6 cards, so I cheated and used the rounded corner cards.  They're still cute, but I cringled having to use them in an all square-cornered cards.  I hope it's not that noticeable in the next couple of photos.






I hope you are inspired to join us in creating your own December Memories album.  Whether you use a Traveler's Notebook (which I almost feel led to do this year), or a regular scrapbook you will NEVER regret having recorded the memories and it's always fun to look back on your older albums and read all the fun and silly stories.

Thanks for checking in and I've left you with a few more photos and links below.






Don't forget to take advantage of my 20% discount "Damaris" at the PI Shop.  Where, spending $60 earns you free priority US shipping.

LINKS
Paper Issues Shop
Paper Issues Blog
PI Family & Friends FB Group

Have a great week!

-AtStudioD

No comments