You're Too Fintastic!

I'm sharing a 3rd Some Odd Girl challenge entry for their Facebook Community Group and I absolutely LOVED making this card.

The challenge was to create a grid pattern, to alter something using any technique, and to create a sentiment using 2 different fonts.


As you know I adore creating backgrounds and scenes, so I thought it would be fun to use a Donna Salazar "Bubble Wrap" stamp to portray a grid-style water effect.  I embossed it with white Jo-Ann brand embossing powder and used Memento "Bahama Blue" ink to distress over the bubbles aka water.  For the sky I used fussy cut a grid-cloud pattern by hand and used Memento "Summer Sky" to add a bright sky.  I then used the ray of sunshine from the "Sunny Mae" stamp set to create a hot blazing grid-sun from the top left corner of the background using Memento "Dandelion" ink.  I finished it off with come clouds from that same stamp set inked with Memento "Summer Sky" and added the gorgeous mermaid stamp from SOG's "Under The Sea Mae", which I colored with copics.


For the sentiment I used "You're Too Sweet" from MFT's "Lollypop Girl" and "Fintastic Friends" from SOG's "Under The Sea Mae".  I loved combining the 2 fonts and creating a new sentiment.  Great challenge!

I LOVED making this card and I can't wait to give it to someone who deserves it.

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you click on the links provided to get your very own set of these adorable stamps before they are all gone!

If I don't share another card tomorrow, I want to wish you a great weekend!
We've been sick here all week and I'm just about dying to get in that pool!

post signature


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

Sharla said...

This is amazing Damaris, love all the different techniques!