Project Life [DIY style]

Weeks 6, 7 & 8 have been shared on my instagram already, but I'm trying to make time for blogging my project life pages as well.

It's been months since I colored with my copic markers, made a card or even smashed a page.  Life became a little more busy the moment I decided to start living it the way it was intended.  But I have kept up with my weekly documenting.  Shocker!

The only thing left to do is journal in some areas.

Week 6 was my birthday week and I wanted it to be different. Playful & fun (like me).  Most of the cards used were from the Maggie Holmes Edition.  I used wood veneers, enamel dots, word stickers and washi tape to embellish.  I also used a few touches of Heidi Swapp and Chic Tags.



Here's a close up of a card to show you a different type of embellishing.
In the hopes of trying to conserve as much waste possible, I added the negative part of these Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers and stapled over them.  There are 3 pieces on the lower left and 1 on the top right.




Week 7 was Valentine week.  I wanted to use the traditional red & pink colors, but needed a bold contrast color.  I think it looks vibrant, sexy and very different.  I inquired the help of Chic Tags and Crate Paper for many of the embellishments used and even made my own.  The big "SELFIE" was cut on my silhouette.




"Selfie" was kinda blending into the background and becoming dark, so I grabbed my favorite white gel pen (UniBall Signo) and got to doodling.  Instead of dots to break up the lines, I used hearts.  
It was Valentine's week, after all. 


These 1" epoxy clear stickers are very affordable on eBay.
I simply punched the design I wanted and placed the clear epoxy over. 






I had a tough start with week 8.  
Unlike the past, my desire lately has been to use the new goodies I buy instead of hoarding them ...
(because they're just too darn cute to use up!)... 
Amy Tangerine's new "Plus One" collection is filled with such crisp and vibrant colors,
that it's easy to fall in love and get taken back to childhood memories of 1983.


The part I struggled with was embellishing.
I had ordered some of the collection long before I worked on week 8,
and once I received it I fell so much in love that I ordered more of it,
so it was a mental battle of
"do I wait 2-3 wks til I receive my new stuff to complete this layout,
or finish it off with whatever is in my current stash?"

What pushed me over was wanting to keep up to date.  
And the fact that I can always work with the collection again.



And the fact that I can make my own embellies with stamps and matching inks!




I was playful with week 8, also using some of Amy's prior collections (because the colors are similar),
and incorporating stamps, October Afternoon embellies, Silhouette diecuts and more!





One of my new favorite ways to add embellishing is with die cuts made with my silhouette portrait.  It wasn't until hubby brought it up a couple of weeks ago that I even considered getting one.  The idea that it would collect dust on my IKEA desk (like my cricut did), tortured me into never getting another machine again.  
But after watching a few YouTube videos I was convinced I needed it.

I have used it for personal and professional reasons, and it has yet to let me down.  
Even my husband is utterly impressed with the capabilities.  
He's even jealous, and had used it himself once or twice.



Creating my own personal touches makes me happy.  
And these 2 sneaks to week 9 will show you exactly what I mean.


That bow is so adorable!



In the photo below you will see a black doily on the top right section (behind my mother-in-law and niece), and also a "this" arrow diecut in the lower left portion of the photo.  
All made with my Silhouette Portrait... or how I like to call her, Portia.  lol.



Weeks 9 & 10 are already done.  I recorded the process video for week 9, but have yet to even look at it.  I am fearing the quality won't be up to par, so I have to wait til I get to that project to share the rest.

In the meantime, I hope you were inspired and are ready to tackle that hoarded stash of yummy craft goodies.

Better use it now, that you still love it!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

Sharla said...

These are all so fabulous Damaris, I love how bright and fun the layout, colors and embellishments are, not to mention the fun colors!! I do have a question....what do you used to develop the smaller pics?? I usually collage a bunch of pics and then print them out, but wondering if there is a better way.....thanks!! :D