Everyday in May - Day 16 - 20.

So if you are just hearing about this, Jenni from "Story Of My Life" challenged her readers to blog everyday in May.

I took on the challenge, but have obviously failed.  I wasn't able to blog everyday, but I did take each topic & question seriously enough to want to answer them; even if in groups. 

Here are the next 5 days.  Completed and ready for you to read through.  


Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.

First of all, I had to ask Wiki to clarify the meaning of this because I had never heard of it before.

Second, this is a heavy subject.  I have many lots.  But the first one to pop into mind is my weight.  I have struggled with it my entire life.  I had surgery and lost lots of it, but gained it all back after marriage.  Last week I felt the urge to start a new healthy way of eating.  And maybe even dust off our new Just Dance 4 Wii game to shed a few calories.  This week I'm still snacking on Chewy Chips Ahoy and ice cream.  Oy Vey!



Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why.

Because although my hair and makeup isn't glammed up every day (or every week for that matter, lol), you will always find me smiling or laughing.

This photo shows who I really am.  A silly girl who spends lots of time in her craftroom.







Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

One truly memorable experience I had was when I was in Kindergarden.  I remember the first week of school was very confusing.  I kept being tested on many things.  And at the end of the week my mom was called in to speak to the teacher.  I for sure thought I was in big trouble.  I didn't understand until I got home and went back to school on Monday what was going on.  

Basically the teacher had told mom that for what I was going to learn there, I already knew.  Colors, shapes, numbers, my name, my address, etc.  Mom was advised to skip me to first grade so that's where I was Monday.  

I felt so intimidated and odd.  I felt scared and like I wouldn't be able to do well.  But I did.  

And I was in college just having turned 17 years old.

Cool beans!





Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them.

You can read about that here.





Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.  

Right now I am struggling with Giovanni's screaming.  Out of the blue he screams a high pitch yelp and shocks my nervous system.  I HATE IT!  It makes me VERY ANGRY and tests my patience.  

Let's just say he's had LOTS of time-outs in the last 6 months.



The next 5 days will be posted next week... stay tuned.

Til then, have a great weekend and don't forget to check out www.SomeOddGirl.ning.com and vote for your favorite project in Round 4 of Odd Idol.  Mine is up there, along with the projects of 9 other very talented ladies.  I hope you make time to vote for your favorite.  I'd tell you which is mine, but that would totally be cheating and I can be disqualified.  But you know me, ya'll can probably figure it out.  hehe.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments