Finky Fink

One of the main reasons I fell in love with Smashbooks, and Smashbooking is because it's very random.  Nothing has to be perfect and nothing has to match.  It's basically just a mesh of things placed together randomly on a page very quickly.  Just to record your memory of something or what you're currently liking.

This type of crafting has helped me with my layouts, I believe.  I have purchased countless 12x12 pads and sheets of paper in the past, with the very good intention of getting some layouts done.  But I was always under the pressure of creating the perfect page, that I never got around to doing it.

I printed out a few photos this past month with the intention of smashing it, but I stole 2 from that pack and created a layout with it.  I like smashing for those "everyday" "ordinary" photos that I want to remember and journal about, but then there are those special moments that deserve an extra special documentation.  Like this.



I still have to add the journaling here next to the chevron wood veneers.
Hopefully I can do it in 2 lines.






Gio has developed a silly habit of smelling his feet.  I take full blame.  Since he was born I would sniff his feet and toes.  Tickle, nibble and bite them.  Tell him he has "stinky feet" and proceed to nibble them again.  His version of it is "Finky Fink".  It's the funniest and cutest thing ever.  I wish I could share these moments with everyone.  I hate that I have stopped recording videos of him.  New milestones.  Learning his alphabet.  Learning the numbers in Spanish.  But I try to take photos of everything new & different he does and journal about it.

I don't want him to grow up.  I want to always sniff his toesies and nibble on them.  He loves being bitten, scared and tickled.  He's the best boy ever.  So smart and friendly.  *sigh*  I miss my baby.  Where has the time gone?

post signature


Supplies
- Echo Park "A Boy's Life" collection.
- Studio Calico wood veneers
- Technique Tuesday stamp
- Memento Inks
- Fiskars cloud punches

2 comments

jessica said...

what a super sweet LO!! LOVE the pictures of your little man and those letters are perfect for this!
He is just too cute :)

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh this is an adorable and sweet layout!

Hugs,
Jo