Midway Mini Album

I don't really know what to call these types of "scrapbooks" anymore.  Mini book.  Mini Album.  Daybook.  But whatever it is, I love making them.  They're quick, simple and so bright!!

I had a blast making my October Afternoon "Holiday Style" December Daily [which you can see HERE], so much that I purchased the entire MIDWAY collection.  It was something I had thought to do late last year, but didn't have a chance to with all the holiday fun.

I decided to gather all the photos of all the parks, fairs and carnivals we've been to and put them in one book.  It dates back to 2005, when my husband and I were just dating.  *sigh*  I hope you enjoy looking through the photos and that it inspires you to create a theme'd mini.




That " today was AMAZING " stamp is by STUDIOL2E, and I've added a photo of it below.
I used many of the stamps in it in this mini.  They're just so adorable!!






More STUDIOL2E on this next photo.



I added this digital stamp by Alicia's Little Shop to enter into a challenge she is currently having.  It was the perfect touch to this page, and why not combine the 2 things I love most!?  Copic coloring and mini books!






This next layout does not have much room for journaling (as the others do), but I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out.  I will be honest and say that I freaked out when I saw a HUGE ferris wheel, but I made it work to my advantage.  Underneath the "SAFARI" letters were other letters that spelled out "MIDWAY".  I commited the perfect switch-a-roo!  haha.


And if you recognize those speech bubbles, it's because I have recently shared them on Instagram and Facebook.  They are the newest set of STUDIOL2E stamps available.  Kanani was kind enough to send me a pack to test out.  I LOVE THEM!!


I am so into speech bubbles lately, and they were the perfect replacement for not being able to get the Studio Calico speech bubble stamps that came exclusively in their kit last year.  Remember those?  Regret not getting them?  Well, you can get these, and the BEST part is that they coordinate perfectly with the EK SUCCESS Photo Captions punch.




I switched it up for the next 2 pages and used Kellie Winnell's new stamp set from her Give A Girl A SHOP.  It's called "Keen As Mustard" and is available now.





The file folders I purchased at Michaels a couple of weeks ago and decided to use them to help me add some more space for more photos.  It's perfect because there's also a bit of space for journaling as well.






As you can see there's tons more room left in the album to add future fun days at the fair.  I'm actually excited that I'll come back to it at a later date.  I really LOVED working with this collection and all the stamps I used.  Now on to the hard part... filling in all the journaling.  lol!

Take care and don't forget to visit the websites I shared before those stamps sell out.

I'll be back next week with some exciting news!!

post signature


I shared this blog post on Kellie Winnel's blog.  She does a weekly segment of "CURRENTLY CREATIVE", where you can link up your post to her blog and share your creativity.  It sounds fun and I decided to share it this time.




CHALLENGES

Alicia's Challenge #2 - Something You Love.

9 comments

Unknown said...

Such a nice project! Thank you for playing the challenge :)

jessica said...

This is amazing!!!! You make the best mini's!!!! LOVE this!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Renee said...

You did such an awesome job!! Love it!! May need to buy some of those stamps thanks enabler! Lol

L.B. said...

AMAZING!! That is all I can say.

Berina RGA said...

very nice!!

Tina Campbell said...

Love this! Will have to get this line now,Miss enabler, lol! Oh that cover is just so cute and a fabulous idea for all those pics. Really need to do something similar for or pics. TFS

Pam said...

WOW! This is great, love the ferris wheel pages!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Leah said...

This is a gorgeous mini album - may I ask what type of black ink you used with these clear stamps? It has come up so very clear, the ones I have tried are not nearly as crisp as your images. Thanks!

AtStudioD said...

@Leah thanks.

I used black Archival ink by Ranger, throughout the album. I hope that helps!

x0, Damaris