Hello Kitty Smashbook

The second I found out that Sanrio would be coming out with their own version of the K&Co Smashbooks, I nearly did a back flip!  It was some time around September 2012 when it was announced and I kept checking my Michael's each week for any sign of it.  It reminded me of the video I made showing a Hello Kitty "Smashbook" I started in 2005, (way before I knew what a smashbook was), and if you care to see the video I have added it to the end of this post.

Anyway, I finally was able to find the collection in mid to late October 2012, and won't say how much I spent on my first purchase, but I will say that I was not able to get every single item they had.  My collection is still not complete, but it can wait for when it's on sale.

Today I want to share with you what I decided to do with the Red HK Smashbook.  It's going to be all about me and my love for HK.  There's tons of photos of me (in the past & present) having to do with HK and I plan to print those and share memories in this book.


I recently saw a super cute storage bin at Target with HK all over it.  It was originally priced at $24.99 and I could not justify getting it when there were others that were way cheaper.  I wanted it so I can keep all my HK supplies in it, but was not happy about the price.  A day or 2 after Christmas I found it on clearance for half off.  I dropped everything else I had in my cart (mostly $1 items), and ran to the register.  I couldn't believe it, and it was the last one in the entire store!  So that's what my first smash page was about in this book.



I haven't decided what I'd be doing with the other 2 books yet, it'll probably be something girly, or having to do with friends.  Not sure.  But that won't keep me from having them in my possession.  I have loved HK since I was in Elementary school and nothing has changed.  I have 2 XXL bins FULL of HK collectables in my garage.  Stuff that you can't find.  Stuff that's probably worth thousands of dollars if I were to sell it.  I'll never sell it, but I don't know if I have the heart (yet) to use it either.  I'm not a hoarder, just a collector.  I'm working on it.  I have taken a few things out to use, like stationary and stickers.  Pencils and storage items for my craftroom.  But the majority of my stuff will remain in storage until we either move into a 4 room house (so I can create a nice HK museum), or until I have a little girl.  And I don't see either of them coming true any time soon.  LOL.





I will continually update this blog post with more pages I create in this book.  Be sure to check my sidebar for the link to it under the iSMASH badge.


I hope you enjoy the video.



post signature

4 comments

jessica said...

How adorable!!! LOVE that Hello Kitty smash book and your page...awesome!!!

Migdalia said...

Awwww...Very SWEET!A Darling book!Love hello kitty!
Have a Wonderful Tuesday,
Migdalia

Unknown said...


Whatever good things we build end up building us Beach Resort in Chennai !!

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love your pages and your cute HK book. Great job.