Thank you Cards

One of my mom's friends from Facebook had asked mom to ask me to make her 2 Thank You cards.  The challenge was to use those "dolls" that I color for cards (she really likes those) and to show a house and butterflies, etc.  Well, the only problem was that the only house stamps I had were very tiny from Stampin' Up.  I was not happy with using those, so instead I decided to create the ILLUSION that there was a house, although the cards never show it.  LOL.

The results, I thought, were so very cool!!

(click photos to enlarge)




The first card I made by embossing a cloud background stamp on some already colored paper by Authentique.  The effect was so cool!!  I added punched out Fiskars clouds, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, some punched out grass by Fiskars and a white picket fence on the corner that "leads" to the house.  LOL.  Basically the girl sitting on the grass (and I'm sorry that I don't know the name of that stamp; it was given to me in a RAK by one of my crafty sisters DeNetra, and it came just as is..), in her backyard enjoying the view and her flowers.  =)






The second card is using the Cosmo Cricket "Clementine" paper pad, and layering pieces over each other.  The image is a digital stamp that I purchased on Etsy and is made by My Favorite Things.  I think I paid less than $2.00 for it and have a few in my stash.  It was the perfect stamp to use to create the ILLUSION that somewhere nearby there is a house, being that she's at the mailbox.  hehehe... I'm so sneaky!!  The red butterfly was given to me in a RAK by another scrappy sister of mine, Connie, and fit perfectly on the card.  I almost put a flower, but really I didn't want to make the card so bulky.

So those are my 2 cards.  I hope she likes them.  She wanted to give them to 2 people who helped her buy a house recently, so hopefully they enjoy the card as well.  



Thanks for taking out time to check my blog.  I appreciate all comments.

x0, Damaris

No comments