Happy Mother's Day

Hello my gorgeous darlings!!  I am in such a great mood.  This week has been a fun week for me as far as playing with Gio, making new friends and being productive.  I was able to make 2 special Mother's Day card which I will be sharing with you all.

Today I want to share with you the one I made for my Mother In Law.  It's so funny because as I colored this "practice" image I didn't think I'd like how it turned out, I didn't think I'd do it well (first time coloring an elephant), and I didn't think it would end up on a Mother's Day card, but why not right?  And after I had my heart set on giving it to my MIL, I realized that I had made her a birthday card last year using these same colors... lol.  She's going to think I either love yellow or think that she loves yellow!  




In any case, I think it turned out super cute and I'm excited to share with you the details.

The stamp is from Milton & Co., by Wild Rose Studio which I purchased online a few months ago and have not dared to try to color it til now.  The paper is from Teresa Collins, which I received in a RAK from a dear friend (Sharon), in February.  I love the color combo!!  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the bling is by Recollections.  And the sentiment is by Stampin' Up that came in a set called "Teeny Tiny Wishes".  Everything else is basically standard (punches, circle dies, glue, etc.).  

I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but I did dry emboss the black center strip with the Cuttlebug Argyle folder that I recently got.  When I went in my embossing folder bin too look for something to emboss the black strip of paper, that was the 1st one I pulled out.  And being that I hadn't used it yet, made it more appetizing!!   =)




Oh, one more thing.  With the left over strip of paper, I created a slit pocket where a gift card can slip into and be secure.  I used the double sided tape that has the red lining (forgot the name right now)... lol.  I taped the sides and the lower part of the strip.  The black piece is just cardstock by Recollections.

I hope you enjoyed this blog share.  The plan was to inspire you to use "out of the ordinary" colors and images for your Mother's Day cards.  Don't you think they're tired of us using FLOWER images all the time??  lol.  

Talk to you soon.

x0, Damaris

No comments