Chirp. Chirp.

Hi Ya'll.  

I know I should be sharing photos of Giovanni's 1st birthday, but honestly, there are about 200+ photos that I have to go through, resize, upload and blog about.  It's going to have to be later in the month.  I did manage to get some posted on my facebook page, so if you're interested just look me up.


I did want to quickly share a project that I started the week of Gio's party.  I put it to the side because I received a mini album swap project and started on that.  When I received my WOC first purchase (which by the way I LOVE and made a 2nd purchase yesterday), I remembered the 1st project I started to work on because the colors of the WOC flowers were perfect for it.


On facebook a few weeks ago I showed a photo of some "new" birdhouses that Michael's was carrying.  They sell for $1.50 and an old JHS friend (that lives in Hawaii) made a comment about how she wished she had a Michael's near her.  I offered to buy her a few and ship it (because she's also very crafty), but she didn't think she'd have time since her baby is due in less than a month and she still had tons to get done.  So I offered to alter it for her and send it to her.  I had an idea of using the colors of her nursery (which were white, mint blue/green and very little pink), so off I went to redo the birdhouse. 

Here are a few photos showing the baby's nursery...
It's a GIRL!!





As you can see, I tried to use the colors of the room/decor so that she is able to put it somewhere on a dresser or hang it from the ceiling...

(click photos to enlarge)








The "S" was a chipboard letter I found in a MAMBI box that I never opened and is about a year old.  I didn't like the color pink shade of the "S" so I layered some fun flock over it and added bling.... I think it turned out cute!!




I was happy to find a bird that I had purchased at the Dollar Tree in a 2pack which matched the "theme" perfectly.  I already showed it to her and she loves it... so do I... I hope you do too.

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully soon I will get the birthday blog set up.  

x0, Damaris

Here's a video showing you the birdhouse.



SUPPLIES
* Prima floral trim
* Pink, white & tan acrylic paint
* Recollections flourish bling
* Studio 112 teardrop bling
* Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
* I Am Roses flowers
* White feathers
* Dollar Tree bird
* MAMBI chipboard letter
* Fun flock
* Baby Breath 
* Hot glue

1 comment

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Hey Damaris, The bird cage is super duper cute. I am sure she will love it. I tried calling you this afternoon, but got no answer. I wanted to skype so that you could see all the yummy flowers I have bought.
Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for you to share pictures of Gio's first birthday.
Ana