Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitations

Hot Diggity Dog!

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was very eventful.  I won't go into the details, but let's just say that I've scheduled a date with my pillow and bed later, which can't come any sooner!!

 

I come to you today with exciting news and photos.  I have finally distributed all the Mickey Mouse invitations I made and am now ready to show you all.  These were very challenging yet fun to make.  I am extremely grateful that they are all done and I won't have to make any more.  If anyone ever requests for me to make them these, they'd have to really dish out the cash because it's an extensive amount of work.  I'm just glad that my husband was available at night (after work) to help with cutting and gluing.

I won't bore you with the details because the photos kind of show you the process.  However, if you do have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will surely get back to you.  And P.S., before I forget, my husband digitally made the invite that gets tucked into the pouch.  He's so great with all that technical stuff.  I can design it in my head, draw it on paper, and he makes it happen via software.  He's my HERO!!  hehe.


I created a stencil using the Mickey head base and cut the bottom pocket by hand
because this shape is not available on the Mickey Font cartridge.




The original string I used to sew the card was something that comes in a $1.00 sewing kit and looked and felt cheap and unsturdy.  I decided (after making about 2) to check Jo-Ann for another silkier type and found this one on sale for $0.99.  SCORE!!  I don't know what the normal price is, but this sucker will last me FOREVER!!  Haha.





I made sure to tape down the ends and glue another layer of the Mickey shaped head to cover the stitch work.  =)


 
If you zoom in on the photo above you will see that the "G" was embossed with a sizzix "dots" embossing folder (done by my hubby, THANK YOU HUBBY), and all the pieces (including buttons) were hot glued onto the invite.  It was easier and faster.




The one piece of advice I will share is to make sure there are an even amount of holes on the invites for the stitching or else you will be forced to do a double stitch.  The photo below shows the difference in the stitching.  I don't know who ended up with that one (because I was in a rush to label them), but I don't think it matters much.


I didn't go with traditional white envelopes for 2 reasons.  I could not find them in 6x6 and also because I thought the clear wrappers were so pretty and showed the card nicely.  =)


The black pieces you see inside the envelope next to the invite are punched out Mickey heads just to have them float around as confetti.

My husband scanned the punched Mickey head (by Fiskars) to use on the invite, but I also added 2 tiny dimensional squares and popped up an actual punched Mickey above the scanned logo.  I thought it made for an interesting touch.

One more thing I want to mention.  This invite was inspired by a photo that I saw on Google, except my design is slightly different, including the actual invite wordage.

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to check back next time for more Mickey Inspired Birthday projects.

x0, Damaris

18 comments

AbunchofScrap said...

How cute :) I love the pocket.

kim.scrapper said...

Damaris, you can tell these were a lot of work. You are such an awesome Mommy!

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Damaris, thanks for stoping by my blog, you're so sweet. I love this Mickey b-day projest, so super cute. These are the little things that makes a great mom.
xxx
Marlene

Angel said...

how do you make the bottom red part is it on the cricut cartridge?

Anonymous said...

how can i order these invites and how much do they cost

Leslie Bernales said...

hi just want to ask, where did you buy your mickey mouse puncher? i want to get one also...i need it badly...thanks :)

Shernita said...

Hi. This is great!!!!! What kind of paper did you use. I'm going to try my hand at this but i'm doing minnie mouse. Please email me if you'd like smoore1229@aol.com

shika91 said...

what type of paper do you use to make mickey mouse head?

Bonnie Tijerina said...

Awesome work!!! Had a question on the die cut for the mickey confetti. Where did you get that? Im new to all of this and want a FAB party for my sons 1st birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm doing the invites like these but I wanted to ask you where you found the clear wraps for them I looked everywhere if you can pls let me know it would be a lot of help thank you !!!

jimmylee said...

Hey what was the Mickey Mouse base made of meaning what type of paper? Regular construction paper? Or something else?

AtStudioD said...

@jimmylee I used black cardstock for the base.

AtStudioD said...

@shika91 It is cardstock.

AtStudioD said...

@Anonymous I do not sell these invitations. It was a one time project.

AtStudioD said...

@Angel I made those by hand by drawing it.

Baxter Family: Our Home Our Haven said...

Very cute invites; where did you purchase the clear bags that were used for invites?

Thanks

Love2scrap said...

Hello!! These are the cutest! I am making invites for my twin boys 3rd birthday. I was wondering, where did you get the Disney font for the invites? Thanks!!!

Maritsa said...

Very cute. What size did you cut the head?