Happy Birthday Card


Hi loves.

I want to share with you a birthday card I made for my niece.  She recently made a comment on a prior (copic) card I made (see previous blog post) and was basically amazed at the level of improvement.  She reminded me her birthday was coming and would like a card.  She's not the "girly" type (never has been), so I mentioned that I really only like making "girly" birthday cards.  I mean, I can make vintage style birthday cards as well, but I don't think she'd be into that.  So she basically gave me the "okay" to go ahead and make the card as girly as I want.  Which I DID!!  Haha.

I colored Balloon Kaylee (a digital image that you can get for $3.00) by "The Odd Girl".  It was fun coloring her using the very humble set of copic markers that I have (lol), and to be honest I was not planning on making a card, but after I saw how cute she came out I was inspired.  I used my Summer Days paper collection by Echo Park to compliment the colors and whimsy feel of the stamp.  I added bling, a banner (that I die cut using an MFT Stamps banner die - and that was sooooo giving me a hard time), buttons and dew drops.  The end result turned out better than I envisioned, so much that I don't want to give it to her... lol.

Anyway, I hope you like the card and are inspired.  
A girl is never too old for a fun & girly card!

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, leave them below.

x0, Damaris


(click on photos to enlarge)


 


3 comments

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. I love it! Miss you :(

Damaris said...

What a great card. It's beautiful. I love girlie cards..so feel free to send me one any time!!! Hee,hee,ha!
hugs,
me

AtStudioD said...

Thanks Ladies!!

Miss you too Sharon.

Damaris, I don't have your addy. =D