Birthday Card for Dad


Hi Everyone, *waves*

I'm back with a birthday card.  I honestly had no intentions of doing my dad's birthday card yet, being that I have a week left to do it and I ALWAYS procrastinate, but as I was sitting in front of my laptop watching all the hauls and videos on youtube, I decided that each day I would make at least 1 craft thing.  Whether it's a card for sale, a card for someone, some jewelry, a craft page, some organizing, a video, etc.  So today I was able to do 2 things.  I uploaded a video and I made this card.

The image was given to me in a RAK by Sharon (smscrapper on YT) and as soon as I saw it I thought of giving it to dad.  It's so funny when he told me last week "My birthday is April 6 and I don't want any clothes.  I already have too many.  So..."  Like, my dad has NEVER in his life mentioned his birthday coming or has he EVER hinted on what he doesn't want.  So, as I sat thinking about all the possibilities for gifts, I figured something in the area of fishing (which is his favorite pass time) would be perfect.  AND it goes great with the image that I knew I would be using.  Now, I don't know what to get him since he has so many fishing rods, and accessories, etc.  The thing is that they are stored away (he's a hoarder) and I don't know if they are in good condition, rusty, broken (he's a hoarder) and well, I would love to get feedback from you on any ideas you might have.  Remember I have 1 week and it has to be within a budget... meaning I can't afford a fishing boat!  lol

I used a few patterned papers including Basic Grey, and the one thing I do remember (or recognize) is the strip of green fishes was from a border sheet from Cosmo Cricket.  I don't remember the collection so I'm not able to share that with you.  But if you want to research it you are more than welcome.  I distressed a few of the edges.  Colored his skin with copic markers and the rest with color pencils.  I tried to give his hat and clothes a worn look by mixing brown, green, orange, black and blue.  The fishes were colored in also, but I wanted them to stand out so I used distress stickles in peeled paint.  The red pearls are from a multi-colored Recollections pack that I got at Michael's for 99 cents.  And for the dark brown mat behind the boy I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles Large.



















I think I'm getting better at cutting around the images.  I love those darn Tonic springy scissors!
















I used 3 sets of Stampin Up oval punches to highlight the sentiment and propped it up with dimensionals.



















For the inside of the card I incorporated some of the same pieces.



I hope you have been inspired and will making something special for your dad on his birthday.

Thanks for stopping by.

x0, Damaris

No comments